Linguist for Business Application
Gap International is a global performance consulting company based outside of Philadelphia. Gap partners with executives and their teams from a wide variety of global, multi-national and mid-sized companies to shift the mindset of leaders, teams and organizations to produce extraordinary performance. We have been in business for over four decades.
We believe disruption is necessary for growth, and we’ve dedicated our company to mastering the art of people disruption – interrupting how people and organizations think. The root cause of why people act the way they do is the underlying assumptions and beliefs they have about themselves, their organizations, and the marketplace. Disrupting and rewriting these mindsets is necessary for sustainable behavior change that will produce unprecedented goals/results. Our approach holistically changes thinking and behavior to deliver desired outcomes. We design and implement all of our solutions from this fundamental premise: “A new level of performance requires new thinking.”
At Gap International, linguists are crucial to the ongoing development and execution of our consulting methodology. Qualified linguists will work to study language and its impact on business performance and results. Through this work, we provide our clients access to sustainable growth for their businesses. We are seeking a linguist who will become a member of our dynamic professional team, working both internally for Gap International’s business and externally as a client consultant. Our consultants may hold a variety of functional and business roles in the organization. This will provide you with the opportunity to develop experience in a wide variety of areas, or to bring your years of expertise to a specific part of the business. Every consultant has three major accountabilities. These three areas of accountability are designed to enhance each other and the company as a whole; and are essential to being effective in consulting.
Linguistics Functional Role
Examine the correlation between thinking and its impact on business results and create the opportunity for extraordinary performance in the study of language.
Learn and deliver our proven proprietary consulting methodology that embeds lasting change throughout an organization. Work with top executives in leading global and domestic companies to gain expertise as a management consultant.
Build new business and client relationships in industries that interest you and in organizations where you want to make a difference.
- Master’s degree in linguistics from a leading academic institution with a strong academic record
- 2-3 years’ experience in Computational Linguistics and simulation of Artificial Intelligence; research experience preferred
- Strong background in Semantics and Syntax
- Strong business acumen and interest in the business application of linguistics
- Demonstrated ambition with a high-performance track record
- Current resident or able to relocate to Philadelphia area
- Purpose-driven work that delivers extraordinary results
- A company that cares deeply about people performing at their best
- An unmatched culture and commitment to ongoing growth and development
- Highly competitive health benefits
- Generous 401k
- Bonus based on company and individual performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- International travel opportunities
- Wanting fulfilling, purpose-driven work that impacts individuals, teams, companies, and the world
- Motivated to keep learning, growing, and performing at your best; energized by continually pushing beyond your comfort zone
- Comfortable with coaching and feedback, curious and flexible
- Persistent and self-motivated, undeterred by setbacks, goal-focused
- Comfortable with ambiguity; eager to take on things you don’t know how to do
- Confident and professional in your ability to contribute thoughts, insights, and new ideas
- Interested and able to travel domestically and internationally
Gap International consultants work from our corporate headquarters just outside Philadelphia.
Gap International Headquarters
700 Old Marple Road
Springfield, PA 19064